Sunday, October 10, 2010

Upcoming Roadtrips

This post will concern three roadtrips that I want to get under my belt within the next year: Atlanta to Huntsville; Atlanta to Savannah; and Atlanta to Albany.

Huntsville roadtrip (Click link for map):

This roadtrip's been accomplished!!
The routing that I wish to take will be as follows: I'll take S.R. 6 West from I-285, which is three miles west of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, in East Point. S.R. 6 West picks up U.S. 278 West in the former city of Lithia Springs, in Douglas County. I'll continue on U.S. 278 through western Georgia and into Gadsden, where I'll jump on Alabama State Route 291 South to Alabama 759 West, which becomes I-759 West. I'll then follow I-759 West to I-59 North to exit 183 (U.S. 278/431). I'll continue to follow 431 North into Huntsville. While in Hunstville, I want to film Memorial Pkwy. (U.S. 231/431), Alabama 255 (Research Park Blvd.), Martin Luther King Jr. Hwy., Bob Wade Lane and I-565/U.S. 72 Alternate, as well as U.S. 72 East up into Tennessee.

Savannah roadtrip (Click link for map):

I want to film all of the Savannah area freeways: Veterans Parkway, Harry Truman Parkway, I-516, U.S. 17/S.R. 404 Spur, and I-16. Also, I'd like to do several street tours: U.S. 80 East/S.R. 22 East from near Thunderbolt to Tybee Island; U.S. 80/S.R. 22 in downtown Savannah to east of downtown; Abercorn Expressway/Street from I-95 to downtown Savannah.

Albany roadtrip (Click link for map):

Lastly, I want to film unbuilt I-175/S.R. 300 from I-75 in Cordele to Albany.; do an Albany street tour; and film the Liberty Expressway, portions of which are U.S. 19/82/S.R. 3/300/520. I got turned around, so I didn't get a chance to film S.R. 300 while in the Albany area, but I will go back one of these days and do it. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment