Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Officer Dragged

This isn't road-related, but something I found of note.

Villa Rica, Carroll County, Georgia - 19 May 2009

Early this morning, Sgt. C. Long (Villa Rica Police Department) was dragged and run over, when trying to pull over a driver for speeding at the intersection of Industrial Boulevard (S.R. 61/101) and Bankhead Highway (U.S. 78/S.R. 8), just north of I-20. The officer instructed the driver (Marko Burton, 28) to turn off his vehicle. When Burton didn't follow Long's verbal command, Long reached into the vehicle. That's when Burton drove off, dragging and running over the officer.

The driver was found later, being charged with assault on a peace officer and drug charges.

For more on this story, click here. A dashboard video is also included.

When I saw the dashboard video on the news, I was like, "Damn!" Your reaction, I'm sure, will be similar.

Story courtesy of wsbtv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment